Action II Erbium Laser for Resurfacing and Bella V Vaginal Rejuvenation
Lutronic has added a new laser to it’s armamentarium and it is called the Action II. There are several different applications for this laser which include: fractional laser resurfacing, the “Shining” laser peel, skin lesion ablations, and the “Bella V” procedure for vaginal rejuvenation.
Erbium lasers are ablative lasers, they cause ablation of the tissue treated. This means that there will be vaporization of the treated skin. The Action II is a fractional laser, so only a “fraction” of the area treated will be ablated. Studies show that fractional lasers are safer and provide improved recovery times when compared to total (100%) ablative lasers. Comparing an erbium laser to a CO2 laser (which is also ablative), the erbium will have less coagulation of the tissue – less heat is transmitted to the surrounding tissues. The clinical result is that there is less crusting, less wound care, and faster healing with the erbium vs the CO2 laser.
- Fractional Laser Resurfacing: The Action II uses a stamping handpiece that has approximately 15% coverage (15% of the skin is ablated) per pass. Depths are controlled by varying the energy as well as the pulse stacking. Typically patients will receive between 1-2 passes. The procedure takes about 30 minutes to complete. Only topical anesthetic is needed and patients are very comfortable throughout the procedure. Wound care which includes soaks and specialized creams is required for about 4 days. There is minimal to no crusting with this laser. More than one treatment might be needed to get optimal results.
- Indications: Treating deep wrinkles, sun damaged skin, pigmentation, and laxity
- Shining Peel: This is a very superficial laser resurfacing with minimal depth and can be done without topical numbing creams. It takes about 15 minutes and is meant to have almost no downtime. It causes a rejuvenation of the skin
- Indications: Treat superficial wrinkles, minor pigmentation, enlarged pores
- Surgical Handpiece: This is a microfocused beam to treat very small skin lesions. No anesthetic is needed.
- Indications: Treat sebaceous hyperplasia, seborrheic keratosis, actinic keratosis, benign nevus, skin tags, warts
- Bella V: This handpiece/procedure is used for vaginal rejuvenation and stress incontinence. The handpiece is insert to the vagina. It has a unique 360 degree treatment zone as the laser is pulsed. There are 2 pulses, a shorter ablative or subablative pulse, followed by a longer nonablative (heating) pulse. The handpiece is gradually withdrawn about 0.5cm and another pulse is fired. The is done throughout the entire vagina and introitus and then repeated. If there is a component of stress incontinence, the area of the tissue around the urethra is treated more aggressively. The entire procedure takes about 10-15 minutes and no topical anesthetics are required. (At this time, external vaginal treatments are performed using the ThermiVa at the Aesthetic Clinique.)
- Indications: vaginal laxity, vaginal atrophy, decreased moisture, stress incontinence
- Posted in: General Cosmetic Enhancement Information ♦ Lasers ♦ ThemiVa
- Tagged: actinic keratosis, Action II, aging face, atlanta, Bella V, destin, erbium laser, laser resurfacing, laxity, Lutronic, nevus, panama city beach, Santa Rosa Beach, sebaceous hyperplasia, seborrheic keratosis, skin tags, vaginal atrophy, vaginal dryness, vaginal laxity, warts, wrinkles